Tuesday, April 24, 2012

tardy to the science party



dress - modcloth
sunglasses - fred flare
glasses chain - asos
shoes - asos
bag - modcloth

On Saturday my family and I went to the Philadelphia Science Festival outdoor carnival. Unfortunately my "let's leave the house at 11am!" plan didn't work out so well, and we ended up arriving about 30 minutes before it was over. (My family is notoriously tardy... in elementary school kids used to chant "Kate is Late, Kate is Late" since my dad usually dropped me off after everyone else was already seated.) Anyway, the little bit we got to see was still very fun! One booth even had a cardboard stand-up of Nikola Tesla, which is probably THE single most awesome cardboard stand-up to ever exist.

I've been trying to plan a lot more day trips lately. Extended trips are tough since I don't have anyone to watch my cats and refuse to board them. Although, (!!!) I just booked a 9 day trip for me and my mom in November. We're going to Disney World! yay! My brother and my dad are going to stay home to look after the kitties, so me and my mom can enjoy the vacation with peace of mind :) I'm so ridiculously excited... I even put a countdown on my iphone already, even though it's over six months away lol! :D

ps. I must have spent at least 20 minutes staring at my screen trying to come up with a title for this post! gah!