Tuesday, May 29, 2012

chick peas with broccoli & tomatoes



Last week I was trying to come up with a healthy lunch and concocted this dish that I've been having pretty much every day since. My mom has basically the same thing except she substitutes 1 piece of grilled boneless, skinless chicken for the chick peas, and has green beans instead of broccoli.

It's SO easy. I just combine 1 bag of steam-in-the-bag broccoli, 1/3 can of rinsed chickpeas, 1/2 a tomato cut up into little pieces, some parsley & oregano and 1 tbsp of Italian dressing. The total time is however long it takes to steam the veggies, then you just toss together the ingredients and dive right in! :)

ps. Maybe I'm just way too obsessed with The Office, but does anyone else automatically think of Michael Scott when they have steam in the bag veggies? "They have these bags of vegetables that steam right inside their own bag. So I'll get a glass of sangria, sit down in front of the TV, pop a bag of vegetables, before you know it I'm ready for bed!"