Monday, December 10, 2012

what's old is new again



For the last year or two I've been obsessively collecting vintage bedding on etsy. Usually pillowcases and fat quarters (seriously, search for "vintage fat quarter sheet" on etsy and prepare to get lost in the awesomeness) so I treasure those little snippets of mid-century design like you wouldn't believe. I'm so hesitant to use them since they're soon going to be in short supply. I hate the idea of these gorgeous colors and patterns disappearing over time, which they're bound to do as they're used up for craft projects and quilts and (in my case) pillows. And that's where I got this idea -- digital patterns inspired by vintage bedding.

I poured over my collection of swatches and picked some of my absolute favorites to base my first batch of patterns on. About 200 hours later (or at least it seems that way) Presto! A collection of 10 digital designs for my first vintage bedding paper pack! Hooray! The kit is available in my shop here! It includes all of the designs as 12" x 12" papers at 300dpi.

I also uploaded the designs to my society6 store, so they're available as laptop covers, pillows, iphone cases, etc. I especially love how they look on the iphone cases!! These three are my personal favorites!