Thursday, June 26, 2014

a very happy dress



As much as I love layering, finding fun color combinations, accessorizing with cute brooches and accessories -- sometimes a dress is so good that you only need to throw on matching shoes & a matching belt and you're all set.

I was a little worried this dress would be too toddler-ish at first, but then I thought about all the times that I've walked past the kids section at Target with a single tear rolling down my cheek, heartbroken that all of the really cute clothes are reserved for people 2' and under. If I like this dress, who the heck cares if it looks too young for me? I sure don't. So I got it. And guess what? I think it's pretty darn perfect. It's probably my new favorite dress in my whole closet.

Moral of the story? Just wear whatever you want and be happy.


dress- c/o modcloth | shoes - bait footwear | belt - from another dress