Friday, September 19, 2014

important lessons



Sometimes I learn really valuable lessons from looking at my own outfit posts. In this case, blow-drying my hair straight without any extra styling results in 90's local news anchor hair.

Also, I need to start wearing the neutrals in my wardrobe more often. I love color (hello, obvious statement of the year) but I really do love tan, grey and black too. This particular dress was obtained in my neverending quest to find the perfect LBD (I'm pretty sure everyone, even those among us who gravitate towards pastels, are constantly in search of this treasure) It's probably the closest I've come so far. It's thick, it'll be good for layering under sweaters or over shirts, and on its own when I want to look ~fancy~ but I think the skirt might be ever so slightly too flared, accentuating my hips a bit more than I'd like. It will do for now, but the search for my LBD soul mate goes on.


dress- c/o modcloth | shoes - bait footwear | cardigan - trashy diva