Sunday, June 5, 2016

cat collar



This shirt is one of the only items in my 30 for 30 selection where I'm not really envisioning a bunch of ways to remix it. It was a recent purchase and I just had to include it because I couldn't imagine waiting a whole 30 days before I could wear it, lol!

I've really cut back on my spending in the last month or so, so this shirt was a bit of a splurge for me. In order to save money and pay off some bills I'm limiting myself to one dress, one book, and one DVD per month. And if I do good each week I'm letting myself order pizza each Friday. Right now DVDs are the most tempting thing for me to buy, so I decided I'm going to try to watch everything that I already own. From like 2007-2011 I used to record movies off TCM religiously (I have almost 1200 discs recorded with at least 2-3 movies on each disc!) so that's way more than enough to keep me going for a while.



That being said, I already have my June and July DVD purchases picked out, lol! Criterion is releasing Here Comes Mr. Jordan next week. It's one of the movies that I recorded from TCM ages ago, but this is a restored version with a bunch of extras that I can't wait to watch, including an interview with Elizabeth Montgomery about her dad (even if you're not a movie buff you probably know Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha Stevens from Bewitched!) I haven't seen Here Comes Mr. Jordan in ages but it used to be one of my favorite films when I was a teenager. For a while I had planned on my first tattoo being a quote from the movie!

My July purchase is going to be Despair, a 1978 Fassbinder film starring one of my favorite actors, Dirk Bogarde, and based on a novel by one of my favorite authors, Vladimir Nabokov. I own this one already, too, but my copy is SO BAD. I bought it before the movie got an official release and I think it was taped off tv in the 1980's. The sound cuts out constantly so I missed like 1/4 of the dialogue. I can't wait to watch the restored version on blu-ray! It's actually a little exciting to be rationing my purchases because it's giving me something to look forward to at the end of each month :)